Spaten Beer Hall
Oktoberfest takes over thousands of square feet in downtown New Britain (227 Main St to be precise) for the Spaten Beer Hall!
Authentic German Beer by Spaten as well as Henkell German Sparkling Wine will be for sale as well as authentic BBQ specialties by Smokin' with Chris. Festive decor provided by the New Britain Art League adds a fun atmosphere to the hall.
There will also be a number of contests in the Spaten Beer Hall such as a Hot Dog Eating Contest and a Stein Hoisting Contest. Learn More.
Live Music in the Spaten Beer Hall:
- Friday, September 12th from 7:30pm to 11:30pm, RBO Music (The Rich Bobinski Orchestra) specializes in Polka Music and American Music. The air will be electric with the infectious beat of the polka tempo. This large orchestra is made up of two trumpets, two clarinet/saxophones, violin, two accordions, bass, drums, and vocalist. Polkas and obereks provide fast tempos for lively dancing, but RBO MUSIC also integrates waltzes, show music, authentic Latins, and big band music into their extensive repertoire.
- Saturday, September 13th from 2:00pm to 4:00pm, Steve Polezonis Trio, blending original blues with songs from the great American blues and jazz catalog, Steve Polezonis entertains a crowd with professionalism and taste.
- Saturday, September 13th from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, New Britain's own Broad St Blues Band, presenting straightforward, no nonsense Rock and Blues music.
- Saturday, September 13th from 7:30pm to 11:30pm, RBO Music
- Sunday, September 14th from 2:00pm to 6:00pm is Country Day featuring The Jack Grace Band. Jack Grace is a singer, songwriter and guitarist hailing from Brooklyn, NY. Simple enough, unless you happen to work in the music business. The entertainment world loves a label: character actor, avant garde painter, fill-in-the-blank musician. Jack writes for himself and plays for others. Simple. Learn more about the band, here.